Texas Resource Review (TRR) partners with publishers throughout the review process, providing step-by-step email instructions, webinars, and one-on-one support as needed throughout the quality review process.
Participating publishers receive recognition and visibility alongside the product reviews featured on the TRR website, which is freely accessible and provides local school districts with comprehensive product information.
How to Participate
Instructional materials can be considered for TRR in the following ways:
- Publishers submit a Quality Review Application when the application window is open.
- Materials are on the state adopted list or under consideration for adoption in response to a proclamation issued by the State Board of Education (SBOE).
- More than 10% of Texas school districts make a request.
Participating in a quality review does not mean a product will be included on the SBOE’s adoption list. For more information about state adoption, visit the TEA publisher portal
TEA can only review products in subject areas and grade bands where a finalized quality rubric has been developed.
English & Spanish Phonics Cycle
The commissioner of education is in the process of adopting administrative rules to outline the criteria for phonics programs and is establishing a process to review phonics programs in accordance with House Bill 3, 86th Texas Legislature, 2019, to ensure all students obtain necessary early literacy skills and that districts have access to phonics materials that include systematic direct instruction and integrated reading instruments. Phonics programs submitted will go through the TRR process to determine eligibility for inclusion on the commissioner’s recommended list.
- March-June 2022: Quality reviews begin on a rolling basis
- July-August 2022: Standards-alignment review
- November 2022: List and final reports are finalized